HOW IT WORKS
Each six months, during the general elections, the people divided into four constituencies elect the deputies of the Vergadering (occitanian parliament). Then the deputies elect the president who is the de-facto the president of the assembly and the head of the government.
After his election, as head of government, Babou Chkaya made up his team. Before the election, Esquerra! had concluded an agreement with the Party of Industrialists and Peasants. If this coalition won, the leader of the PIP, Juan Cisneros would become Minister of Media and Telecommunications. Lorena Serantes, as leader of an allied party, the Communist-Galician Nationalist Party received a ministerial post. Chkaya also wanted that the opposition has a dedicated ministry. The second party of the last elections being the Pablistas Union, he received it.
- Agriculture - responsible for the production, marketing, processing and merchandising of agricultural products and food.
- Catalan minority - responsible for ensuring respect for and promotion of the Catalan minority.
- Culture - in charge of national museums and monuments; promoting and protecting the arts (visual, plastic, theatrical, musical, dance, architectural, literary, televisual and cinematographic) in Occitania and abroad; and managing the national archives. The Ministry of Culture is also charged with maintaining the national identity.
- Education and Science - responsible of the education and the inovation, sciences and nature.
- International negotiations - responsible of the diplomacy and international discussions and negociations.
- Konstitusievoog - responsible of the application of the constitution and the constitutionality of the laws voted.
- Medias and Telecommunication - responsible of the national telecommunication and public medias.
- Opposition - represents the main opposition party in the government, to guarantee the democracy of the country.
- Spaniard minority - responsible for ensuring respect for and promotion of the Spainard minority.